Sunday, November 27, 2011

Surprise Party



My birthday from my dear hubby arrived on Wednesday  before Thanksgiving. She came on an airplane from Texas. Apparently John has been scheming with my childhood friend Jamie to arrange a visit over Thanksgiving. I was chatting with my mom and sister (who both knew) and in walks Jamie Lynne Jeanne. I was absolutely 100% shocked and surprised. I am rarely ever truly take aback, but I absolutely was on this day. It was a fabulous birthday present. I really did not know what to say. It took me several minutes to compute what had happened  John had also picked up his parents at the airport, and my brain could not separate who I expected to walk through the door and who all actually did. They were so worried that I would find out, but they need not. The possibility had never even crossed my mind. We had a great weekend catching up. We hadn't seen each other since John and I got married. Part of our leisure was a day at the Ritz Carlton spa. Massages, steam room, and sauna to boot. We also used every possible product that the spa had to offer...more than once. I washed and shampooed my hair twice. I also inadvertently sprayed my entire body with eucalyptus oil before reading on the bottle that it should not come in direct contact with one's skin. That said, my skin had never really felt better than it did after this day of pampering. Thank you so much to Jamie and to John for making such a wonderful weekend of memories. Woot Woot! I'm thankful for such caring and generous people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment