Saturday, July 7, 2012

The North Country

Well, we're back. The whole fam went to Carthage, NY for a few days. Here's the skinny.

Kairos
  • roasting marshmallows and making smores (despite HC almost catching Cousin Veronica's face on fire)
  • reading in the sun without having to jump in and rinse off every few minuts (low 80's)
  • catching up with the cousins, in-laws, sister-in-laws, and more
  • listening to HC comment on all the people she observed at the airport (the girl with pink hair was a HIT)
  • sunsets while in air after storms-GORGEOUS (a red sky I've nver seen before)
  • salt potatoes (if I can sell these bad boys in the South, I'll be rich like woah)
  • pineapple upside down cake cocktails with sisters-in-law
  • amazing views for a few windy, sunny, and warm runs (green cornfields, pastures, dirt road)
  • the horse "biting" Charley's hand while she fed him apples
  • HC gettng her picture made with the silo with her name on it
  • dancing at wedding (even with no AC, still a cool time)
  • Mason being a true delight 97% of the time (was great with girls)
  • eating Grandma Kay's chicken recipe with the Hadley crew

Chronos
  • TSA confiscating Mason's two LAX sticks and throwing those bad boys right in the trash
  • being last people on the plane (paging the Ashcraft family) and getting The Look from all other passengers
  • containing CB on plane (her yelling AVERY to John and AL from the front of the plane to the back was annoying but cute)
  • passing a kidney stone (I think) felt like labor pains/contractions, running some tests to see what's up
  • two hour delay on way home (although we made the best of it the Game Room at the 'Cuse airport)
  • wrestling kids to sleep at night and nap while outside of their routine
  • convincing TSA to let me on the plane once I realized my license was not in my wallet (oops)
  • a few meltdowns on plane (HC didn't like her seat, CB wanted more M&Ms, Mama wanted peace/sleep)
  • seeing a fox on while running (seriously, I'm scared of most things furry)


Quotes

HC
  • on flying: "This is exciting. I'm so exciting."
  • on "Rumor Has It": "What does rumor have? Is rumor a boy or a girl?
  • on camping after two days: "I'm done with this camping. I'm ready to go home."

CB
  • to Poppa: "I love you."
  • on sunsets: "ooowww"

No comments:

Post a Comment