Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Daddy Duty

John has daddy duty at night. He does baths (with my help because with two it is seriously impossible), brushes teeth, gets pajamas, and reads stories. I really love that he spends this time with the girls because I think it is so important for them to have one on one time with their daddy. It is just different than being with me. It seems more special when they get daddy-daughter time. Also it gives me a few minutes to get some other things done so I can go to sleep myself! I'm never far behind them when it comes to bed time. Charley is not overly interested in books, but she is getting better. Books with dogs in them seem to keep her attention for like 3 seconds, so that's an improvement.
Last night two special things happened during Baths, Books, and Bed time.
1. I had to settle a dispute over whether an ! is in fact an i or not. Hadley was literally crying because John told her this ! is an exclamation point, but she thinks it is an i. She was not convinced when I tried to confirm his fact. She adamantly claimed that ! is an i. She was not caving.
2. Charley pooped in her closet. Without a diaper on.

No comments:

Post a Comment