Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lil' Punkins

Today was the annual trip to the pumpkin patch. To be quite frank, John and I were really resistant. We've had a busy weekend with football and fall fests and running (the exercise) and running (the errands). That said, I was feeling guilty about not taking them even before we had made a final decision for or against. Also, Mason was opting out of going this year as he thinks he's too grown for a good ol' hayride and punkin' pickin'. This was a reminder that soon enough no one will want to go to the patch, and John and I will drive up to Harris Teeter and get one on sale while we're getting booze and fiber. So, off we go. A trip to the pumpkin patch includes a hayride, a petting zoo of farm animals, picking a pumpkin, and apple cider. It is actually super fall fun.
The petting zoo was a serious riot to Charley. I can't describe the noise she made to every animal. It was like a happy, shrill, yoga ommm.This is the face she made when she did the noise.

Hadley so badly wanted to ride every little goat and cow. We were the last ones to get back on the hayride. I had to drag a screaming Hadley away from the baby goat.

I'm not sure where they get this animal love. It ain't from me. Avery was not impressed. She wanted to go straight to the vegetation. That's my girl.
Moral of the story: we had a great time. Time goes by too fast. It cost too much money, and we could have gotten a bunch of other stuff done (like clean the wretched bathrooms. curses.), but making memories is much better.






No comments:

Post a Comment