Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Adventures in Babysitting

Lately several people have asked me how I can bear to work and leave my babies at home. There are several things that I feel are a little wrong with this question unless you are my mom, husband, or BFF asking, but there is an answer. The person who makes leaving my kiddos to go to work (the thing I feel called to do in addition to being a mom) is my amazing child care provider Kelly. She has taken care of Hadley since she was five months old. Charley has been there since she was 2.5 months. Kelly is so good with them. She is organized and on a schedule. Her house is always immaculate which my brain can't even comprehend. She also spends time teaching them things that matter. Hadley knows her colors, shapes, numbers, letters, and even words in Spanish. She is currently able to identify letters in words which is such an important pre-reading skill. She also knows many sounds that letters make and is curiosity about how words are made. Though we do read to Hadley daily, Kelly has played a huge role in getting her to sit and learn in an organized setting. Kelly also loves my girls. You can just tell. She is affectionate and caring. I am so in debt to her and so thankful that I trust her completely with them. I do not sit around worrying about them all day. I know they are safe and loved and learning!

Sidebar: Kelly sings with the kids during circle time and taught Charley how to say "shh, shh" like the mamas on the bus. I tried all afternoon to get Charley to show off this trick. I was still trying at dinner time when John got home. My ONE year old actually rolled her eyes at me. I guess she was tired of that song. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment