Sunday, September 18, 2011

Just Two Tens

20 miles. Yes, I ran 20 miles yesterday. I would have blogged about it yesterday, but I was too tired to type. It was exhausting. The first 18 felt as good as it gets. The last two were pretty much horrific feeling to the right side of my body. My entire right leg, from hip to toes, was shooting pain and throbbing. I'm not sure why. Dr. Ashcraft is going to look into it today. It is such a sense of accomplishment, but I do feel down right crazy. I have a few more 20 milers on my training schedule before the big day. I honestly do not know how my body can handle running another 6.2. We shall see. The trouble with this distance is not the mind, but the body. I will seriously have to look into some more mind over matter tricks. One of the things that I always do on a long run is  cry, and it has nothing to do with physical pain. There is some sort of cathartic cleansing (is that repetitive and redundant?). There is just a very strong emotion connected to pushing the body and mind to those extremes. That said, I didn't see anyone else crying, so maybe it's just me. Best part: post run pizza, beer, and chocolate mousse!

No comments:

Post a Comment