Saturday, August 20, 2011

BBQ and Bubbly

A few moments ago I was lounging in our super cozy chenille rocker having a glass of presseco and flipping through the newest edition of my beloved Southern Living. My husband was sprawled out on the couch happily flipping through guy TV (you know-shows about guns, animals, meat, history, science and sports). It was about 6:30. We'd already eaten dinner (bubbly and bbq-hecks to the yeah). The kids were playing/fighting at various corners of the house. Our big plan was to wait until they went to bed and then head up to watch a movie. I said to him (in song form), "Who would've thought this would be our ideal Saturday night?" He burst out laughing. Not because it was an especially funny or witty question, but just because it is funny how fast the definition of a  perfect night can change. Five years ago, dinner, dancing, and early hours of the morning would have been the way to go. I'm thankful time changes things.


No comments:

Post a Comment