Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Oh What A Night

At 12:30 am, Hadley woke up in tears and yelps. She was itchy, achy, and just plain aggravated. We spent the better of two hours lying awake in her bed. The moment she fell asleep there was a peace that palpably descended upon the room. I felt my body release and enjoyed the few minutes I lay beside her as she slept. THEN...the smoke alarm began to chirp downstairs. THEN....the smoke alarm upstairs began to yell at us...literally. Our alarm was saying "low battery". Worst night of sleep I've had since Charley was an infantino. Alarm goes off. No coffee filters. Drop baby girls off at daycare. Chocolate milk all over my white shirt. Needless to say, not a great start.

BUT

This evening I got to spend a back to school date night with Mason. He declared that he was ready to try on skinny jeans! So we set out to find a perfect middle school pair. Success! We also went to open house. We met his teachers and felt the excitement of the middle years set in. Currently he's signed up for band. I made my first request for a schedule change. He's really not the band type. We'll see how that goes. You know your son is growing up when a good night together includes shopping and dinner. Bittersweet. I know it's cliche, but true. Best luck my funny boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment