Saturday, August 27, 2011

Today was a 17-miler kind of morning. I tried a new style, the John Galloway. You run for four minutes and walk for one. I finished in just under three hours. Almost the exact time it took me to run 16 two weeks ago. I ran with my friend Charley who inspires me greatly not only with her running but for many reasons that are far beyond the scope of this breezy blog. It was a great morning. I feel so much better today than I did after the 16 miler two weeks ago. I also found that running with a group makes the time go by so much faster. I ran the four minutes segments much faster (at least 30 seconds) than I run alone. I never imagined I could run more than a 5k, much less a half...and now to be able to knock out 17 and not keel over is simply amazing. I'm proud of me. Now for some pretty new fall running clothes!
image from pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment