Sunday, August 14, 2011

How Old Are You?

Me: How old are you?
Hadley: Two.
Me: How old do you act?
Hadley: Four


I taught her this. I'm still wondering if it was a mistake. Do I really want her to act older than she is? Not so much. My Hadley is her own being. At the end of her 2.5 year check up, her doctor said, "She is a four year old." Though flattering, it is alarming. I really just want her to enjoy her childhood and have it last as long as possible. There are signs though that this will be hard for me to foster in her. Here is a list of her most used words to date: actually, because, impressed, revolting, disgusting, and repulsive. She also asked for a "freakin' snack" the other day which is totally my bad/influence. :( In the past week she has threatened to run away three times. So far she's only gone to another room. Things that she does do that are totally age appropriate: throw ear piercing tantrums, sleep with her blankie (the cream side has to be down, green side up), antagonize her brother and sisters, drink juice boxes like it's nobody's business, idolize Dora, and occasionally pee in places other than the potty.

No comments:

Post a Comment